Code coaching for graphic designers
January 17, 2023
Templates, plugins, system admin… there is a LOT to keep track of with the world’s most popular content management system.
In addition to our direct work with clients all over the world, a major area of interest for us is supporting other graphic designers with a variety of topics. Everything from mentoring their ability to build bespoke themes to assisting with complex infrastructure needs.
Generally speaking I’ve seen a pattern over the years — designers create complex or technically challenging layouts that they have difficulty rendering into code. Having worked with so many designers who asked “can you build a website out of this?” it eventually dawned on me how much fun I was having working with them to convert their creative aspirations into code.
Areas we can explore together:
- what are the right conditions to use a visual editor (Divi, Visual Composer, Elementor) versus a totally bespoke theme
- how will that decision affect other areas critical to modern websites (performance, scalability, security)
- what are the tools one needs to embark on a personal learning journey, improving technical and practical understandings of how everything fits together
- when is the time to be fully DIY and when is it appropriate to hire specialists
- best practices for the fundamentals… updates, backups, security
If you’re a graphic designer and need someone to help point you in the right direction, fill out the form below.
Flexible, reasonable rates make this an affordable option for most graphic designers. And with 25+ years in web development, we have the experience to help take your career to the next level!